Upgrade!!!!!!!!!
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » Upgrade!!!!!!!!!

Upgrade!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Upgrade!!!!!!!!! within the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium forums, part of the Freshwater Fish and Aquariums category; --> Just found a 30 gallon tank with everything but the water fish and filter. Picking up Monday. Thank you craigslist! It has heater lights ...

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
Smudge Spot Cory
Smudge Spot Cory
Blue Gourami
Blue Gourami
Reply
Old 07-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
 
Bacon Is Good's Avatar
 
Upgrade!!!!!!!!!

Just found a 30 gallon tank with everything but the water fish and filter. Picking up Monday.

Thank you craigslist!

It has heater lights gravel live plants rocks from hi ornaments looks realistic

Score!!!

Last edited by Bacon Is Good; 07-19-2012 at 10:08 PM..
Bacon Is Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
 
LyzzaRyzz's Avatar
 
Great! Good luck!
Craigslist is awesome..=]
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon Is Good View Post
Just found a 30 gallon tank with everything but the water fish and filter. Picking up Monday.

Thank you craigslist!

It has heater lights gravel live plants rocks from hi ornaments looks realistic

Score!!!
There is a guy from Quincy who places ad's on CL, he's breaking down his fish room. He was selling tanks cheap. I think he had a 125gl for $100.
mikejp67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
 
Romad's Avatar
 
Nice score

How much did you pay for it? I see tons of great deals on CL Boston and north but have no room for another tank :(
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
 
Romad's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejp67 View Post
There is a guy from Quincy who places ad's on CL, he's breaking down his fish room. He was selling tanks cheap. I think he had a 125gl for $100.
I miss Lovely Pets in Quincy. I moved two years ago and still haven't found a great local fish store here :(
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #6
 
Geomancer's Avatar
 
How many of us live in this area o.O

I'm North of Boston, haven't found a good local store either. Was thinking of driving down to check out Uncle Ned's in Millis, it's an hour drive each way though so don't know if it's worth the trip.

I check out CL every so often, sometimes I see good deals on large tanks. Smaller tanks though people often want too much. Anything 55 gallons and under I'm not paying more than $0.50 a gallon unless it comes with a stand ;) Petco does $1/gallon sales on brand new tanks often enough that's my benchmark.
Geomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #7
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomancer View Post
How many of us live in this area o.O

I'm North of Boston, haven't found a good local store either. Was thinking of driving down to check out Uncle Ned's in Millis, it's an hour drive each way though so don't know if it's worth the trip.

I check out CL every so often, sometimes I see good deals on large tanks. Smaller tanks though people often want too much. Anything 55 gallons and under I'm not paying more than $0.50 a gallon unless it comes with a stand ;) Petco does $1/gallon sales on brand new tanks often enough that's my benchmark.
Im from Ma too, Hudson to be exact.

As far as good locals, there is Tropic Isle in Framingham. Good place but expensive.
There is a awesome place in Worcester "All new tropical world" Its small and its hit or miss as far as inventory but he does have some really nice fish. He tries to set himself apart for the rest. Its cash only and the prices are the cheapest I've seen anywhere. And, the owner is the nicest guy.
Neds has some really nice fish as well and lots of them too.
Im looking for a place in NH that sells Piranha...if anyone knows who got them, let me know
mikejp67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
 
Romad's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomancer View Post
How many of us live in this area o.O

I'm North of Boston, haven't found a good local store either. Was thinking of driving down to check out Uncle Ned's in Millis, it's an hour drive each way though so don't know if it's worth the trip.

I check out CL every so often, sometimes I see good deals on large tanks. Smaller tanks though people often want too much. Anything 55 gallons and under I'm not paying more than $0.50 a gallon unless it comes with a stand ;) Petco does $1/gallon sales on brand new tanks often enough that's my benchmark.
Not sure exactly how far north you are but it's def worth taking a trip to Quincy for livestock. They also had a ton of plants but at the time that I lived there I had silk so never bought any.

Lovely Pets: A specialty aquarium store serving Boston and the South Shore
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
 
Romad's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejp67 View Post
Im from Ma too, Hudson to be exact.

As far as good locals, there is Tropic Isle in Framingham. Good place but expensive.
There is a awesome place in Worcester "All new tropical world" Its small and its hit or miss as far as inventory but he does have some really nice fish. He tries to set himself apart for the rest. Its cash only and the prices are the cheapest I've seen anywhere. And, the owner is the nicest guy.
Neds has some really nice fish as well and lots of them too.
Im looking for a place in NH that sells Piranha...if anyone knows who got them, let me know
I've seen Piranha at Zoo Creatures in Plaistow NH but haven't looked at their stock in a while. It might be worth a phone call to them.

Good luck!
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #10
 
Geomancer's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
Not sure exactly how far north you are but it's def worth taking a trip to Quincy for livestock. They also had a ton of plants but at the time that I lived there I had silk so never bought any.

Lovely Pets: A specialty aquarium store serving Boston and the South Shore

I'm near Lowell. Might be worth a weekend trip, but on weekdays I hate going anywhere near Boston.
Geomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
upgrade jack26707 Cichlids 2 03-03-2012 07:36 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.