Update Tank {VIDEO} HD!! - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 04-03-2011, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Plumkin's Avatar
 
Update Tank {VIDEO} HD!!



Heres my tank and plenty new fish hope you enjoy the video

75 GallonCommunityTank

Angelfish
Clown Loach
Columbian Tetra
Blood Parrot Chilid
Large Pleco
German Blue Ram Male | Female
Ballon Red eye tetra
Weather Loach
Red tail shark
Plumkin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 04-03-2011, 12:27 PM
TFK Moderator
 
Romad's Avatar
 
Great video plumkin. I laughed when the pleco made his first appearance. Did I see some Emperor tetras in there too? Those are some of my fav. fish.

I have the same rainbows that you have and would never think to mix them with the rest of the species in your tank. Do they all get along well? I guess you never know do you?

Animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
Romad is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 04-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Member
 
HMlairy's Avatar
 
Haha at 0:25 "Nom nom nom nom"
HMlairy is offline  
post #4 of 10 Old 04-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Great video! I love how some of your fish just appear then swim away. You also have a great looking tank. I can't wait till the day I can get a tank that big.
SomeDudeAtHome is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SomeDudeAtHome For This Useful Post:
Plumkin (04-03-2011)
post #5 of 10 Old 04-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Member
 
Byron's Avatar
 
Nice aquascape and video. Well done. B.

Byron Hosking, BMus, MA
Vancouver, BC, Canada

The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian. [unknown source]

Something we all need to remember: The fish you've acquired was quite happy not being owned by you, minding its own business. If you’re going to take it under your wing then you’re responsible for it. Every aspect of its life is under your control, from water quality and temperature to swimming space. [Nathan Hill in PFK]
Byron is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Byron For This Useful Post:
Plumkin (04-03-2011)
post #6 of 10 Old 04-03-2011, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Plumkin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
Great video plumkin. I laughed when the pleco made his first appearance. Did I see some Emperor tetras in there too? Those are some of my fav. fish.

I have the same rainbows that you have and would never think to mix them with the rest of the species in your tank. Do they all get along well? I guess you never know do you?

yea i thought it ws great to see the pleco nom nom noming everything haha :P i got 5 emperor tetras there so pretty there colors are amazing huh? and my rainbows dont get bothered by any of the other fish in the tank they seem to fit right in just wonderfully :) I got lucky I guess for those 3 it was 40.00

75 GallonCommunityTank

Angelfish
Clown Loach
Columbian Tetra
Blood Parrot Chilid
Large Pleco
German Blue Ram Male | Female
Ballon Red eye tetra
Weather Loach
Red tail shark
Plumkin is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 04-03-2011, 05:31 PM
TFK Moderator
 
Romad's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumkin View Post
yea i thought it ws great to see the pleco nom nom noming everything haha :P i got 5 emperor tetras there so pretty there colors are amazing huh? and my rainbows dont get bothered by any of the other fish in the tank they seem to fit right in just wonderfully :) I got lucky I guess for those 3 it was 40.00
Thats about what I paid. I think mine were $13 or $14 each.

I'm always on the hunt for more emperors but I found out quickly that they're not commonly stocked in my area. Its those eyes that grabbed me when I first saw them. I started out with 6 but lost one about a year ago. Sigh......

I might have gotten lucky with a place that gets them in occasionally but it's 45 mins. away.
This time I'll grab 4 or 5 more. Crossing fingers.

Animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
Romad is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 04-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Member
 
redchigh's Avatar
 
At 1:09. do those fish normally hide?

The red one behind the plant seems to be gasping a bit..
Anyone else notice that?

Also, what type of fish is the one with the sword tail at :40?

Beautiful tank btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christople View Post
^^ genius
__________________

Soil Substrates Guide:
Part 1
--------- Part 2

_____________________

Last edited by redchigh; 04-03-2011 at 05:37 PM.
redchigh is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to redchigh For This Useful Post:
Plumkin (04-03-2011)
post #9 of 10 Old 04-03-2011, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Plumkin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redchigh View Post
At 1:09. do those fish normally hide?

The red one behind the plant seems to be gasping a bit..
Anyone else notice that?

Also, what type of fish is the one with the sword tail at :40?

Beautiful tank btw.

at :40 is my black angelfish at 1:09 that blood parrot I was worried about it when i first got her a week ago I guess thats how her gills have been since she was born they look so OPEN but i guess thats just how some fish are born :/

75 GallonCommunityTank

Angelfish
Clown Loach
Columbian Tetra
Blood Parrot Chilid
Large Pleco
German Blue Ram Male | Female
Ballon Red eye tetra
Weather Loach
Red tail shark
Plumkin is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 04-03-2011, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Plumkin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
Thats about what I paid. I think mine were $13 or $14 each.

I'm always on the hunt for more emperors but I found out quickly that they're not commonly stocked in my area. Its those eyes that grabbed me when I first saw them. I started out with 6 but lost one about a year ago. Sigh......

I might have gotten lucky with a place that gets them in occasionally but it's 45 mins. away.
This time I'll grab 4 or 5 more. Crossing fingers.
we haven't had emperors in 3 years at my store and now were getting them regularly we use to get fresh water sting rays and everything exotic they wont even carry Discus anymore which is depressing so when we gte an more exotic fish like the horse face loaches im the first to buy them lol

75 GallonCommunityTank

Angelfish
Clown Loach
Columbian Tetra
Blood Parrot Chilid
Large Pleco
German Blue Ram Male | Female
Ballon Red eye tetra
Weather Loach
Red tail shark
Plumkin is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
38gal Video update! Mettalikatt Freshwater Journals 1 08-14-2010 01:09 PM
My Fish Tank Video IonBaller07 Freshwater Journals 2 05-03-2009 06:09 PM
Something in my tank? With video!! K4x9 Tropical Fish Diseases 5 08-22-2007 12:13 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome