So i have been fighting diatoms for the last 2 months. I have re planted with faster growing plants, i have changed lighting, and i have changed feeding sched. Lets assume i haven't done a thing yet and please suggest what to check first and i will try to figure it out.
ammonia - 0ppm
nitrite - 0ppm
nitrate - 20ppm (2 days from weekly w/c)
phosphates - 0
i did not check the ph but it should be around 6.8ish as i run co2 daily (on the light timer)
2 t5ho bulbs (5000k and 6500k) run together for about 6 - 6.5 hrs a day
20 gal tall
8 phantom tetras
2 german blue rams
plants: Italian Val, Madagascar lace, Ozelot Sword, Moneywort, Bacopa, Crypt Parva, and Crypt Spiralis
2 HOB filters one is the aquaclear 20 gal filter the other is the aqueon quite flow 10
i have 2 root tabs (one under madagascar lace one under ozelot sword)
feed them once per day, spektrum new life pellets, usually gone in under 30 seconds
let me know where you would check first, thank you!!!!