Some of my Fish (photos) - Page 2
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » Some of my Fish (photos)

Some of my Fish (photos)

This is a discussion on Some of my Fish (photos) within the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium forums, part of the Freshwater Fish and Aquariums category; --> Originally Posted by Inga Darn elusive fish. Haha...yeah, I know what you mean. I've been so wanting to get a current pic of my ...

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
Black-Winged Hatchetfish
Black-Winged Hatchetfish
African Butterfly Fish
African Butterfly Fish
Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Some of my Fish (photos)
Old 02-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
 
jeaninel's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga View Post
Darn elusive fish.
Haha...yeah, I know what you mean. I've been so wanting to get a current pic of my Ctenopoma but she's so reclusive. When she does come out by the time I grab my camera she's back in her hiding spot again.
jeaninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #12
 
Inga's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetreeme View Post
Sorry.... I can't help myself..... I got real lucky one time with my Gourmi



Show Off! Very pretty fish. Granted I am partial to my blue fish but.. Your's is nice too and apparently more cooperative. I will keep at it though and someday, I will catch the little stinker. She likes to stare right at me and a front show, is not what I am looking for. lol

Quote:
Haha...yeah, I know what you mean. I've been so wanting to get a current pic of my Ctenopoma but she's so reclusive. When she does come out by the time I grab my camera she's back in her hiding spot again.

That's just the thing. They are always out there until you are ready with the camera. Well, not my shark. He is anti social with people.
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
 
shadetreeme's Avatar
 
I didn't show you the bazillions of shots it took to get THAT one. You gotta love digital cameras.... take 200 keep 2... delete....delete.... delete.

You got some pretty cool pics.... did you take them at feeding time???

Last edited by shadetreeme; 02-22-2011 at 02:13 PM..
shadetreeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #14
 
Inga's Avatar
 
No kidding! I took my dog to Hydro therapy and wanted some pictures of him in action. I must have snapped 100 or better shots. People were looking at me like I was nuts but... I can get rid of most of them.

After all that, the room was still too small to get a decent angle and the lighting bad. Well, I got a shot that is good enough but not what I was hoping for.

Now... On to my Gourami. You will be stunned by how shockingly beautiful she is if I can ever get it. ha ha
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #15
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga View Post
No kidding! I took my dog to Hydro therapy and wanted some pictures of him in action. I must have snapped 100 or better shots. People were looking at me like I was nuts but... I can get rid of most of them.

After all that, the room was still too small to get a decent angle and the lighting bad. Well, I got a shot that is good enough but not what I was hoping for.

Now... On to my Gourami. You will be stunned by how shockingly beautiful she is if I can ever get it. ha ha
Beautiful Rottie. Why is he in hydro therapy?? He really is enjoying it.

Your gourami is gorgeous, great job at getting the camera to go off in time!!
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #16
 
Inga's Avatar
 
Thanks Kymmie I think she is lovely too but I would like a better picture of her someday. Today, I tried for like 5 minutes. I just don't have the patience to sit there and wait for her to swim into the lighter area of the tank for a photo. lol

Oliver my Rottie is a rescue boy. I have had him for 5 years now. He had a broken jaw and leg when I got him at 5 months old. He was brought in to be euthanized but I got him instead. His poor leg has had some issues and last year he tore his CCL (ACL in humans) The vet said, we could try resting it and maybe it would heal enough without surgery. It got a lot better but then, he ran an it snapped. He had a 100% tear and also a torn meniscus. He had a TPLO surgery to heal it. I am now topping the $5,000. mark for surgery on this leg this time and his therapy. No sense in doing all this and not doing the therapy to get him stronger.

You can see his sad little shaved leg in the photo. This is exactly 3 weeks after surgery. He is still very sore but I am hopeful. He is truly the sweetest boy in the world. He would gently nibble the earlobes of any stranger while sitting on their lap. :)
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #17
 
shadetreeme's Avatar
 
You are a kind soul... I wish him a speedy and complete recovery !!!
shadetreeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #18
 
Inga's Avatar
 
Thank you! He was my constant comfort when I was going through Chemo and Radation myself. I couldn't hardly NOT help him. It is a huge financial struggle right now but... I can't let him go. He is only 5 1/2 years old.
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #19
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga View Post
Thank you! He was my constant comfort when I was going through Chemo and Radation myself. I couldn't hardly NOT help him. It is a huge financial struggle right now but... I can't let him go. He is only 5 1/2 years old.
At 5 1/2 years of age it's a no brainer, you do what you have to do for your boy!
My good friend's boxer just had the TPLO surgery and Gracie is now doing great. Oliver will too.
He looks like a HUGE love.
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #20
 
Inga's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie View Post
At 5 1/2 years of age it's a no brainer, you do what you have to do for your boy!
My good friend's boxer just had the TPLO surgery and Gracie is now doing great. Oliver will too.
He looks like a HUGE love.
He IS indeed. He is a dog that will truly kill you with kindness. I can't tell you how many times I thought he broke my nose from swinging his head to give me a lick when he is right next to me or sitting on my lap. Yes, I let him sit on my lap sometimes. He only weighs a hundred pounds or so. lol

For a dog that was so horribly abused, he manages to pour love out onto everyone. I cannot imagine a more forgiving soul. We could all take lessons from dogs like Oliver. He doesn't sit around feeling sorry for himself, he forgives and moves forward with a wagging tail. That tail and butt wag so fast it is a wonder it doesn't propel him forward.


And people wonder why I call him a corn dog? Check out the faces this boy makes.


but he can just be a cutie pie too

Last edited by Inga; 02-22-2011 at 07:08 PM..
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photos of the fish from my local fish shop! thefishboy Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 60 08-26-2010 12:17 AM
Fish Photos The Pond Digger Ponds and Waterfalls 3 01-12-2008 06:16 PM
Fish Photos Lupin Freshwater Journals 0 08-30-2006 02:37 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.