10-20-2010, 02:17 PM
| || |
I'm pretty certain it's not that it has cycled already since two weeks ago I got it tested and I had extremely high ammonia (at least 8.0ppm) & little/none nitrite & nitrate.
How my fish have survived thus far I do not know but I'm very happy they have.
I had three tiny (under 2mm) snails who I think must have died two weeks ago.. lol.
The five fish have been in the tank about a month and 3 weeks~
I hadn't done a water change for three days (until I saw the readings!) & I've not changed more than a third of the water at once~
I've barely fed the fish since I did a big water change on Sunday & I'd been feeding every other day for a week before that~
Ammonia was definitely around 3.0 ppm but like I said, I've not used the test kit before so it looked somewhere around 1.0 and 8.0.. I reckoned between 2 and 4 but I could be way out.
The main source of light for the tank, although I do have a 10 watt bulb, is sunlight, so that's out of my control really..