04-23-2008, 12:02 AM
| || |
Yes, you can use it. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and dry with some paper towels. Windex is made of ammonia, soap, water, and some other stuff that aids drying. The ammonia and other stuff vaporizes into the air leaving mostly just the soap film behind. A good rinse and dry will get the soap off. I've used windex on tanks before to clean them without any ill effects.
In fact, I've even used LimeAway to clean tanks of mineral deposits and algae scum. Neutralize it afterwards with baking soda and lots of fresh rinse water, paper towel dry, and rinse again to be sure. I do NOT recommend you try this yourself, but I shared that to let you know I've used much worse than windex without disasters.