09-15-2009, 05:42 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by Big Fish
I can't seem to drop my AMMONIA. I poured in that liquid and NADA, NOTHING!!!!
Still high ammonia!!!
Current definitive reading is: 1.0
I have cut down feeding.
I am feeding them in small drabs so they eat most of the stuff I drop in.
I reduced one feeding to morning and evening.
This is starting to frustrate me!
Can it possibly be the filter?
Going back through this thread, I would stick with the advice Twistersmom and I gave. The fish are not showing discomfort, so let it be. Watch for the nitrite spike anywhere in the next several days. The plants will consume a lot of ammonia, the bacteria will establish and multiply...and if stress on the fish does manifest itself, a partial water change will help.
As for the feedings, fish only need once a day to be perfectly healthy. I don't understand how this could have anything to do with the filter.