10-29-2013, 10:08 AM
| || |
Originally Posted by lilbabyvenus
Well, I'm not quite sure what to think. I mean, honestly, if my ammonia was really this high for this long wouldn't all my fish have died by now? I haven't gotten a new liquid ammonia test yet, but the strips I have are between .25 and .5 for ammonia, and the ammonia alert tag I have is registering between .02 and .2 for free ammonia. I know neither of those are *perfect* but it makes me think that even if they are a little off, they would be closer to the 4 I am getting with the liquid kit. My fish are acting fine. They have been a little funny, but I noticed my guppy has been going crazy on everyone. I removed him this afternoon and all my fish are acting better than normal now.
I'm worried about the ammonia, but I'm starting to wonder if it's my liquid test. I'm going to try testing my tap water again and see what I get.
If the ammonia was the dangerous "free" ammonia then yes.
If it is locked up with chemicals like prime then no.