04-13-2008, 09:50 PM
| || |
Removing copper from tank
I recently had a tank sabotaged (don't ask) and most of my fish died from a variety of parasite and fungal problems (it occurred during a financial crunch and I was delayed getting treatment). I ended up treating with copper-based parasitic treatment and now a lot of my fixtures, rocks, and the side wall of the tank are bright copper colored. I had never used copper before, and was not prepared for this nor warned when I spoke to the pet store fishkeeper.
After searching the forums, I've found a lot of warnings about the difficulty of removing copper from the tank but no advice on how to best accomplish this. What course of action would you folks suggest?