04-14-2009, 09:48 AM
| || |
Originally Posted by RandallW20
Ahhhhh, good news. Thanks!
Mikaila31, that explains why its not in my 20 gal. Cause I have a cory in there. I bet he eats it all.
Where as the other two tanks don't have a fish that would eat it.
I've never seen corys eat algae (green, brown or red); they graze over it looking for particles of edible food. Otocinclus will eat it. If this is a planted tank, you should put in a couple of otos. But if you don't have plants, be aware that otos spend their days grazing algae from plant leaves, wood, rocks, etc., and without it they will probably not survive. As previous posters correctly said, the brown is diatom (type of algae) and it is common and should dissipate.