New Tank - Page 5
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » New Tank

New Tank

This is a discussion on New Tank within the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium forums, part of the Freshwater Fish and Aquariums category; --> Originally Posted by Byron I like the wood. As the plants grow up around it, that is going to really be impressive. And the ...

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
Checkerboard Cichlid
Checkerboard Cichlid
Glass Catfish
Glass Catfish
Reply
Old 05-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #41
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron View Post
I like the wood. As the plants grow up around it, that is going to really be impressive. And the floating plants when they spread out will help the fish. Good work.

Byron.
Thank you after seeing your tanks and a lot of others on here was able to get a good idea of what i wanted.

I am working to get the water hardness down through adding RO/DI water each week so the plants and fish will be healthier. Man i never knew this would be so much work. The funny part is I think i actually enjoy it more because of everything there is to learn :)

was thinking about getting some more floating plants but not sure if I should get them or just wait for the ones i have to grow. Thoughts?
Deadstroke174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #42
 
Byron's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstroke174 View Post
Thank you after seeing your tanks and a lot of others on here was able to get a good idea of what i wanted.

I am working to get the water hardness down through adding RO/DI water each week so the plants and fish will be healthier. Man i never knew this would be so much work. The funny part is I think i actually enjoy it more because of everything there is to learn :)

was thinking about getting some more floating plants but not sure if I should get them or just wait for the ones i have to grow. Thoughts?
If you can get them, I would. The fish will thank you. I can't make out what the floaters are, so can't estimate how long before they spread.
Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #43
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron View Post
If you can get them, I would. The fish will thank you. I can't make out what the floaters are, so can't estimate how long before they spread.
I think i will go down to the LFS this weekend and get some some. I know they have wisteria and watersprite.
Deadstroke174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #44
 
Byron's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstroke174 View Post
I think i will go down to the LFS this weekend and get some some. I know they have wisteria and watersprite.
Water Sprite is perfect, I have it in all my tanks floating. Fish just love it.
Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #45
 
Great deal and your tank looks very nice. I am sure, as the plants grow and spread, it is gonig to be one heck of a great tank. It does take really lot of time to start new community tank.

I see that you have Serpae Tetra in the first picture. They are very good swimmers.

Congratulations man!!! Thanks for sharing.
ksl0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #46
 
Termato's Avatar
 
Wow this tank is coming along nicely.

Do you have any new updated pictures of it?
Termato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #47
 
rhymon78's Avatar
 
All that driftwood looks awesome! and like Byron said, once your plants grow round it all it will look really sweet.

I see you have Botia kubotai, or Angelicus loach. I have 4 of those, and they have grown so much! beautiful loaches though! and fun to watch around your tank!

Good job, definitely get floating plants, the more the merrier. It could take a while for that much surface area to get covered, but if you get a couple decent water sprite I don't think it'll take long. Geomancer another member here has had good results with water sprite in just a few weeks! so buy em up if you can!

Look forward to seeing updates soon.
rhymon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:14 AM   #48
 
CinBos's Avatar
 
How are you adding pictures from your iphone to the forum? Or were the pictures just taken with your iphone?

Just curious, would like to add pics to forums from my iphone on my iphone without getting on the comp.
Posted via Mobile Device
CinBos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #49
 
Thanks everyone it has been a learning experience to say the least. I got some more floating plants last week and will get some more this weekend.

Termato, i will get some more pictures this weekend to show the addition of the floating plants.

CinBos, I had to download the pictures to a PC in order to add them. it would be cool to add them directly from the phone. This site should definitely have an app :)
Deadstroke174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #50
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinBos View Post
How are you adding pictures from your iphone to the forum? Or were the pictures just taken with your iphone?

Just curious, would like to add pics to forums from my iphone on my iphone without getting on the comp.
Posted via Mobile Device
Can you view the desktop version from your iphone? I have an android base phone and I can switch from one to the other. If I am on the desktop version on my phone then I can upload pics. The mobile site I can not.

Btw awesome looking tank Deadstroke.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.