New idea - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 09-28-2011, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
New idea

hey freshwater keepers. im coming to see if yall had any ideas what i should put in my 26 gallon bow front tank. i been looking at everything i could put in this tank that it is in my budget. i havent got the tank yet but i will have it by the end of next month. i plan to put cichlids in this tank, i know everyone will tell me "hey you need a 55 gallon tank for them" or "tank to small need bigger one". well im not spending 200+ on a tank. plus i had about 10 cichlids in my 10 gallon tank and the did fine until my last 5 died of ich that is what the petsmart people told me. i think i clean off the bio filter on accident. so any way im jusst looking for what to put on in the tank like gravel sand etc. and i if you have a bow front tank tell me or show me what is in your tank thanks

o yeah i will show you the trip to my petsmart (maybe) and what i bought and the whole set up on youtube
my link is zwatkins2's Channel - YouTube
Zman11683 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 Old 09-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman11683 View Post
plus i had about 10 cichlids in my 10 gallon tank and the did fine until my last 5 died of ich that is what the petsmart people told me.
this pretty much means the fish were stressed out/in a bad situation for them. they don't get ich is nothing else is wrong.

**I freely admit that most of the information I share I have learned from other people on this forum and am simply repeating. I thank you for sharing your knowledge and ask that if I say anything incorrect someone will kindly correct me**
KendraMc is offline  
post #3 of 25 Old 09-28-2011, 03:37 PM
New Member
 
Santaclaws's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman11683 View Post
hey freshwater keepers. im coming to see if yall had any ideas what i should put in my 26 gallon bow front tank. i been looking at everything i could put in this tank that it is in my budget. i havent got the tank yet but i will have it by the end of next month. i plan to put cichlids in this tank, i know everyone will tell me "hey you need a 55 gallon tank for them" or "tank to small need bigger one". well im not spending 200+ on a tank. plus i had about 10 cichlids in my 10 gallon tank and the did fine until my last 5 died of ich that is what the petsmart people told me. i think i clean off the bio filter on accident. so any way im jusst looking for what to put on in the tank like gravel sand etc. and i if you have a bow front tank tell me or show me what is in your tank thanks

o yeah i will show you the trip to my petsmart (maybe) and what i bought and the whole set up on youtube
my link is zwatkins2's Channel - YouTube
I cant answer this post that ghost fish in that tank just wants to make me cry
Santaclaws is offline  
post #4 of 25 Old 09-28-2011, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Lol I have two knifes that survived it
Posted via Mobile Device
Zman11683 is offline  
post #5 of 25 Old 09-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclaws View Post
I cant answer this post that ghost fish in that tank just wants to make me cry
god, your right. should have watched the movie first, rather than have two comments. poor thing.

**I freely admit that most of the information I share I have learned from other people on this forum and am simply repeating. I thank you for sharing your knowledge and ask that if I say anything incorrect someone will kindly correct me**
KendraMc is offline  
post #6 of 25 Old 09-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman11683 View Post
Lol I have two knifes that survived it
Posted via Mobile Device
i'm sorry, but that is horrible.

**I freely admit that most of the information I share I have learned from other people on this forum and am simply repeating. I thank you for sharing your knowledge and ask that if I say anything incorrect someone will kindly correct me**
KendraMc is offline  
post #7 of 25 Old 09-28-2011, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
I know so I want to change it up with a bigger tank
Posted via Mobile Device
Zman11683 is offline  
post #8 of 25 Old 09-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Member
 
hopefully much larger.

**I freely admit that most of the information I share I have learned from other people on this forum and am simply repeating. I thank you for sharing your knowledge and ask that if I say anything incorrect someone will kindly correct me**
KendraMc is offline  
post #9 of 25 Old 09-28-2011, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Yup from ten to 26 or 32
Posted via Mobile Device
Zman11683 is offline  
post #10 of 25 Old 09-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Member
 
still not big enough for them to be happy, but i suppose it is an improvement.

**I freely admit that most of the information I share I have learned from other people on this forum and am simply repeating. I thank you for sharing your knowledge and ask that if I say anything incorrect someone will kindly correct me**
KendraMc is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
idea ????? southamericancichlidguy23 Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 7 01-29-2010 12:48 AM
No idea what to do. . . MoneyMitch Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 11 11-26-2009 01:36 AM
I have no idea what this is... Jemz Tropical Fish Diseases 6 05-29-2008 07:59 AM
what r they any idea Busgod Cichlids 22 03-18-2008 06:19 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome