On my way to getting my dream aquarium... - Page 21
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » On my way to getting my dream aquarium...

On my way to getting my dream aquarium...

This is a discussion on On my way to getting my dream aquarium... within the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium forums, part of the Freshwater Fish and Aquariums category; --> 220 220...

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
Golden Pencilfish
Golden Pencilfish
Hoplo Catfish
Hoplo Catfish
View Poll Results: If I had a 220 Gallon Aquarium, I would stock....
Cichlids. Duh. 34 30.36%
It would be Saltwater. That's how I roll. 11 9.82%
Bala Sharks 14 12.50%
Tinfoil Barbs 6 5.36%
1 Male Betta 6 5.36%
100 Neon Tetras 23 20.54%
Rainbowfish 13 11.61%
Goldfish 4 3.57%
Other - Please elaborate in a comment in the thread. 22 19.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree419Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
On my way to getting my dream aquarium...
Old 10-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #201
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
220
SeaHorse, Chesh and madyotto like this.
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #202
 
Freshcatch's Avatar
 
Very, very nice!
Freshcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #203
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshcatch View Post
Very, very nice!
looking very nice for you there

shame i can't say the same my 150 L sprang a leak today so housing all the fish out of my 150L in my crappy 105L they have all fallen out with me talk about upsetting the apple cart lol my puffers (GSP) and kribensis are in a 25L plastic bucket with small pump heater and filter

but you know what they say out of the storm comes a rainbow

i found a UK seller that is going to supply me with a 48x18x15 approx 212L brand new for only 81 and further 20 to deliver it the 90 mile trip to me awesome
madyotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #204
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
Sorry to hear that. Any water damage?

How in the world did it spring a leak? Did you buy it used? I had to reseal a tank that I bought used once. I think if they sit empty in storage too long the seals start to go.

212L is that a 55 gallon? That's a good size. And cheap delivery! I had to pay $180 CAD to get mine delivered. Mind you, it's heavy as all heck, but it's only a 10 minute drive.

When do you get it?
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #205
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Fish View Post
Sorry to hear that. Any water damage?

How in the world did it spring a leak? Did you buy it used? I had to reseal a tank that I bought used once. I think if they sit empty in storage too long the seals start to go.

212L is that a 55 gallon? That's a good size. And cheap delivery! I had to pay $180 CAD to get mine delivered. Mind you, it's heavy as all heck, but it's only a 10 minute drive.

When do you get it?
GOT IT HERE !!!!!!
Aquarium, Fish Tank, Glass Tank *Brand New, at Great Prices* | eBay


the one im getting is the 48x18x15

which is 212L or UK gallons =47 (US gallon =56) <yes there is a difference>

the tank was second hand and i had already fixed a leak on the corner it has sat full for 12 months plus and been fine

it wasn't leaking much good job as it is in my bed room and i would of had one flooded kitchen lol

Last edited by madyotto; 10-06-2012 at 08:15 PM..
madyotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #206
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
Wow, it leaked after holding water for 12 months. I'd better keep an eye on the one I had resealed then.

Sketchy.

So when does it arrive?
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #207
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Fish View Post
Wow, it leaked after holding water for 12 months. I'd better keep an eye on the one I had resealed then.

Sketchy.

So when does it arrive?
i managed to get a VERY NICE friend to lend me the money for 2 week but cant get it in the bank till Monday when i will order it and then upto 3 weeks depending on what areas his delivery company are going to

i was amazed myself leaking after that time and from the bottom too lucky it was a slow leak though

so yes keep ya eye on it
i will just sell old one for reptiles and use old hood i will have to modify it to fit the wider 15 inch hood as tank right now is 12 inches lucky i have some black acrylic left over from making my sump should be plenty there



EDIT!!!!!!!!
huuummmm might have to go for the 48x21x15 at 248L

Last edited by madyotto; 10-06-2012 at 08:40 PM..
madyotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #208
 
boxercrazy156's Avatar
 
Looking good!!

I'm having issues with my 2 Parkinsons Rainbows I was told that they would school with my other rainbows but they are quite a lot larger then the others the one bigger male is harrassing the other, my other has lots of hiding places in the plants but as soon as he comes out he chases it and bugs him my one and only gourami in the tank that is larger then them is trying to peace keep and keeps stepping in between I have turned the light out to see if he will stop if not he will have to move to the pleco tank who is lonely since all his friends left him for the planted tank but there is no way my common pleco is going in my planted tank I was hoping that these rainbows aren't like my dwarf rainbows where I only have one male left since he harrassed the other ones till they died one by one
boxercrazy156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #209
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxercrazy156 View Post
Looking good!!

I'm having issues with my 2 Parkinsons Rainbows I was told that they would school with my other rainbows but they are quite a lot larger then the others the one bigger male is harrassing the other, my other has lots of hiding places in the plants but as soon as he comes out he chases it and bugs him my one and only gourami in the tank that is larger then them is trying to peace keep and keeps stepping in between I have turned the light out to see if he will stop if not he will have to move to the pleco tank who is lonely since all his friends left him for the planted tank but there is no way my common pleco is going in my planted tank I was hoping that these rainbows aren't like my dwarf rainbows where I only have one male left since he harrassed the other ones till they died one by one
I keep Blues, Reds and Boesemani's, but I bought them all at the same size when they were young and I have never noticed any aggression. They just school together. I added 3 moonlight gouramis recently, but they are the same size as the rainbows and just fit right in.

Funny that your gourami is trying to keep the peace.
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #210
 
boxercrazy156's Avatar
 
My Bosemanis get along fine the mailes the odd time do their thing. My Gorami is one of 4 I had in my 30 gallon originallly but I had real aggression issues with them so I rehomed 2 one died and I think its a female because she is very large for a golden but she has been hanging with the 2 parkinsons since they came and actually steps in betwwen they settled when the light went off and this morning are ok just the odd little chase. The Gorami is still in between I think she remembers lol

Did you get your Java Fern yet? I have 2 jumbo swords that I got at big als that are massive with babies shooting of all the time I think you can grow them in regular gravel btw they are almost too big for my 120 they would look awewome in your 220
boxercrazy156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's your community aquarium? What you have now, what you plan to do, your dream 1 Akeath Freshwater and Tropical Fish 18 01-14-2013 10:09 PM
We Can All Dream, Right? bigfish93 Beginner Saltwater Aquariums 7 12-29-2012 10:53 AM
A Dream seastar120 Beginner Saltwater Aquariums 5 01-24-2008 11:03 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.