Hi i'm starting my first freshwater fish tank and would like some advice :D
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) |
2. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or saltwater?
3. How long the aquarium has been setup
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know)
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
6. What make/model filter are you using?
-marineland penguin 200 bio-wheel power filter that filters 200 gallons per hr for up to 50 gallon aquariums. Rite Size C cartridge.
7. Are you using a CO2 unit?
8. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day?
9. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed?
-Theres no water yet.
10.How often and what foods do you feed your fish?
-I don't have any.
11.Is your aquarium light incandescent or fluorescent and how often is it kept on?
-I haven't bought one yet.
12.What specific concerns bring you in with a water sample at this time?
My tank is 30 Length x 12 Width x 12 Height and 20L <-(i don't know what that is)
I don't know what kind of heater to get or what else to get.
I plan on getting some of these kind of fish:
How many fish could i fit in my tank and would any of these fish fight?
-i don't think i would be getting most of these but i will get 10 neon tetras
Would driftwood affect any of these?
Do all those fish eat the same food?
Did i get too big of a filter? (The nozzle thingy touches the glass bottom >.>)
Should i use two filter cartridges?
Do i use sand or gravel?
What kind of sand/gravel?
Do i need bubbles?
Do i have to add any nutrients or something?
Sorry for so many questions
i just don't want any new fishys to die :[
Thanks you fishforum