Here is my 29 gallon tank as it currently sits. 2011-09-12 13.23.31.jpg
I have not had much luck with this tank at all. I cant get anything to grow in it despite what I do. I have changed the lights on, substrate and even what I use for fertilizer. Usually whatever I plant in there dies or just barely survives. Here are a couple of pics of how the tank use to look. From the first pic being of the first time I setup to the next time and then the time before what i looks like now. 1304317891141.jpg 1304798160148.jpg 1305947603115.jpg 1309727549331.jpg
Each time something died, to fungus on the wood. So I kept tearing it down and starting over.
So I am at the point I want to try high lights some DIY Co2, and dry fertilizers on this tank to see if I can get stuff to grow in this tank. Its funny how I can get the same plants to grow in another tank and not this one. It currently has jungle val. in it now. This will be the second time trying to get it to grow in this tank. The first time it complete melted away to nothing. This time around it is starting to do the same. I have root tablets under them on both sides and I dose once a week with flourish comprehensive. I think I pretty much did the same thing last time and it didnt work. I don't know what the difference is other then the bioload on the tank is much different from 55 gallon. This one only has 4 dwarf puffers in it. I guess they don't have that much waste. Even though I have read they are messy fish?
So right now I am in the process of trying to get the DIY Co2 working (with not very much luck). 2011-09-16 02.38.29.jpg
Here is my powerhead and my sponges 2011-09-16 02.38.54.jpg
my silicone tubing along with some tubing that isn't so flexible, and the airstone 2011-09-16 02.39.10.jpg
The cap to the bottle along with the bulkhead fitting for it. 2011-09-16 02.39.33.jpg
I took a small drill bit and drilled out a hole in the cap just big enough so that I could thread the bulkhead into the cap and tighten it down really good. 2011-09-16 02.39.41.jpg
this is my 12 ounce bottle for the gas separator 2011-09-16 03.22.03.jpg
This is what I plan on using for now as the diffuser. I have a sponge on the bottom of the siphon cup now. Its in the tank running with no problems
I am having trouble with the yeast bottles but I still have some bugs to work out on it. I think some of it is I am impatient. LoL I have them running now its been 24 hours soo I think I am going to give it another day and see what happens also think I have a bad check valve. So I am going to have to order online.