I just have to tell this to people who will appreciate it. Two days ago we moved. The movers wouldn't touch my 29-gallon planted aquarium, so I had no choice but to siphon out all but about 2.5 inches of water above the substrate line and put it in the back of a pickup truck. It is planted with giant hairgrass, green and red crypt wendtii, wisteria, 2 anubis plants, some java fern floating, and water sprite. It is presently overstocked because we had to combine all the tanks into one in order to show my house for sale. It holds 2 large true SAE, 7 harlequin raspboras, 6 diamond tetra, 8 neon tetras, 3 balloon mollies, 3 danios (the glofish), 3 male guppies, and 5 kuhli loaches.
The weather here in Oklahoma is extremely scorching, recording record highs, and it hit 113 degrees here that day. We moved the fish at 1:20 p.m. It is a long, bumpy 10 miles to the new house and we were going extraordinarily slow. Our closing on the sale of the house was at 2 (it was a nightmare day for sure), and so I didn't get to add water until after dark because the water here is city water as opposed to the well where we were and I didn't have dechlorinator.
Everything except 1 neon and 1 harlequin survived!
I think these fish must be the toughest fish in town!