Mixed substrate - Page 2
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » Mixed substrate

Mixed substrate

This is a discussion on Mixed substrate within the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium forums, part of the Freshwater Fish and Aquariums category; --> I'm sure she will, I sent her a link. Also, on the main page of the forum if you scroll down, it shows who ...

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
Costello or January Tetra
Costello or January Tetra
Neon Tetra
Neon Tetra
Like Tree13Likes

Reply
Old 12-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #11
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
I'm sure she will, I sent her a link. Also, on the main page of the forum if you scroll down, it shows who is in chat. She can frequently be found there. But I think she will check in here. She is a very helpful person.
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #12
 
fish monger's Avatar
 
I have a 30 gallon with about 2/3 of the substrate play sand and 1/3 gravel. The gravel is banked up high at one end of the tank and the sand is gradually sloped toward the back in the rest of the tank. The sand seems to be keeping the gravel in place. I've had this arrangement for about 2 months and I don't see any signs of deterioration. I really like the appearance. Give it a try.
Canadian Fish likes this.
fish monger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #13
 
Nilet699's Avatar
 
so are you

Is there just one ''room'' in chat? whenever ive gone in, its been empty.

Well hopefully she'll pop in there/here then. I do fully understand just how hard, just how much work this could be and just how long it would probably take me, but if i could create something spectacular it would be well worth it.
Nilet699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #14
 
Nilet699's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish monger View Post
I have a 30 gallon with about 2/3 of the substrate play sand and 1/3 gravel. The gravel is banked up high at one end of the tank and the sand is gradually sloped toward the back in the rest of the tank. The sand seems to be keeping the gravel in place. I've had this arrangement for about 2 months and I don't see any signs of deterioration. I really like the appearance. Give it a try.
I demand pictures immediately! haha :)

(as this was frustrating!
30G Planted Community

Link to this fish tank: http://www.fishtanks.net/fishtank.php?fishtank=5674

There are no photos for this aquarium.
There are no videos for this aquarium)
Canadian Fish likes this.
Nilet699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #15
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
Yeah, it's just the one room. It picks up in the evenings (North American time) though sometimes on weekends people are around during the day. I think with the holidays it may be a little slower than usual.

I like how I just said North American time, like it's all one time zone, LOL. What I mean is, usually between 7pm ish to Midnightish is when it is busiest, EST. I think you are five hours difference? So between midnight to 5 am your time would be busiest. That's kind of crappy.

SF is around all the time, she'll find you, lol.

Ooof, I just ate too much pot pie. I got the turkey carcass boiling on the stove now too. Smells like Thanksgiving in here.
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #16
 
fish monger's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilet699 View Post
I demand pictures immediately! haha :)

(as this was frustrating!
30G Planted Community

Link to this fish tank: 30G Planted Community - 0 gallon Freshwater fish tank

There are no photos for this aquarium.
There are no videos for this aquarium)
The substrate is the only good thing about that tank and I refuse to embarrass myself with photos. Give me a week for overhaul. In the interim, take my word for it. You're a devil you are.
Canadian Fish likes this.
fish monger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #17
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish monger View Post
The substrate is the only good thing about that tank and I refuse to embarrass myself with photos. Give me a week for overhaul. In the interim, take my word for it. You're a devil you are.
Please, I post pics of my tanks, with their substrate that has been described (aptly) by another member as "clown puke", not to mention my fake plants, water stained and algae covered glass, lol. How bad could it be?
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #18
 
Nilet699's Avatar
 
HAHA C.F has a point. whilst he has some gorgeous tanks. he has a few that i looked and and thought- what were you thinking! HAHA. clown puke is quite descriptive though tbh

so youve no excuse! post us that sexy pic!

I'm even going to throw up a pic of my 54ltr tank in about 15 for you (which i NEVER intended on doing!)- and its absolutely disgusting and pretty much as i got it, and will be getting ripped apart and done properly after new year!
Nilet699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #19
 
fish monger's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilet699 View Post
HAHA C.F has a point. whilst he has some gorgeous tanks. he has a few that i looked and and thought- what were you thinking! HAHA. clown puke is quite descriptive though tbh

so youve no excuse! post us that sexy pic!

I'm even going to throw up a pic of my 54ltr tank in about 15 for you (which i NEVER intended on doing!)- and its absolutely disgusting and pretty much as i got it, and will be getting ripped apart and done properly after new year!
OK, I'll do it tomorrow ! Can't find a proper camera right now. Don't want you guys to miss a single iota of ugliness.
fish monger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #20
 
Nilet699's Avatar
 
This is the 54 litre that I'll be switching to sand in the new year. I'll also most likely try and put a proper light in, as its got a 9w energy saver in at the moment- and look at the bend on that cabomba on the left! Most prob a small t5 tube. Plenty of snails in there at the moment if you can see them.... and that's all.
Eventually a barbs mix probably.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121229_224339.jpg (49.9 KB, 24 views)
Nilet699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mixed Opinions, need help Mapboy Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 3 07-18-2012 02:54 PM
A mixed fish bag... Irish Freshwater Journals 9 06-19-2008 08:41 AM
mixed corydoras freddy827 Catfish 2 09-02-2007 10:19 AM
My mixed blessing dprUsh83 Cichlids 9 10-25-2006 09:06 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.