01-10-2009, 12:12 AM
| || | Letting the water sit for hours does NOT dechlorinate!
So I read in a book that many water treatment places have changed to chloramine which is a form of chlorine mixed with ammonia that DOESN'T
evaporate in the air. If this is true we should definatley discontinue telling new fish hobbyist to do this unless they KNOW
for SURE that their local treatment plant is using chlorine and NOT
chloramine. In Saskatoon they are using chloramine, which was why the majority of my grandmother's fish died when she tried to do it the old way. Beware the chloramine