02-01-2011, 06:09 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by HMlairy
I was recently doing a 50% water change and noticed that my ornaments were slimey and slippery to the touch. Is this the good nitrite nomming bacteria or just algae, should i scrub it off?
If you can actually see it, I would suspect it is algae or (I hope not) cyanobacteria. The latter occurs as green sheets of slime and is actually a bacteria although we generally consider it within the algae group. I have wood and rock in my tanks and allow any algae that wants to settle to do so as it looks natural. Keeping it off live plants is critical.