Just changed over to sand substrate - Page 2
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » Just changed over to sand substrate

Just changed over to sand substrate

This is a discussion on Just changed over to sand substrate within the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium forums, part of the Freshwater Fish and Aquariums category; --> Even better than before. Good job...

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
Oscar
Oscar
Pearl Gourami
Pearl Gourami
Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Just changed over to sand substrate
Old 03-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #11
 
Even better than before. Good job
Blabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #12
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRichs87 View Post
If your background is reversible with a plain black/blue on the other side, it would really let your plants stand out.
Yeah I have to do something about the background, its not even stuck on properly.
lipadj46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #13
 
jeaninel's Avatar
 
Nice! I agree that a plain black background would really help the tank to pop.

Hopefully your Anubias are tied to some wood or rocks? They shouldn't have their rhizomes buried.
jeaninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #14
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninel View Post
Nice! I agree that a plain black background would really help the tank to pop.

Hopefully your Anubias are tied to some wood or rocks? They shouldn't have their rhizomes buried.
The big ones on the ends came in big pots with that green foam stuff and I pretty much just stuck the entire mass about half way into the sand so the roots are burried but the. rhizomes are not buried. They are too big to tie to drift wood same with the big java ferns.
lipadj46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #15
 
Calmwaters's Avatar
 
I believe it is better to remove them from the pots and the green stuff it makes it easier for the roots to begin to grow in the gravel.
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #16
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmwaters View Post
I believe it is better to remove them from the pots and the green stuff it makes it easier for the roots to begin to grow in the gravel.
They are out of the pot and I pulled off as much green stuff as possible.
lipadj46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #17
 
would sticking a hair pin in work because it would make things easier for me. And also do snails [mystery] move around the sand because that would be even better then the hair pin
Christople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #18
 
cornflakegirl's Avatar
 
I agree, Change the background to plain blue or black.
Great tank.
cornflakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #19
 
amazon21's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christople View Post
would sticking a hair pin in work because it would make things easier for me. And also do snails [mystery] move around the sand because that would be even better then the hair pin
malaysian trumpet snails could do the job better than any pin or mystery snail can.
amazon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #20
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazon21 View Post
malaysian trumpet snails could do the job better than any pin or mystery snail can.
yes but my water are different then their needs
Christople is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sand substrate thefishboy Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 8 08-24-2010 01:17 PM
Changed from Blk.sand to pool filter sand eileen Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 6 05-27-2010 10:47 PM
changed substrate on my cichlid tank dolphinsrok Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 2 08-05-2008 03:52 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.