How accurate is the "vinegar test" really? - Page 3
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » How accurate is the "vinegar test" really?

How accurate is the "vinegar test" really?

This is a discussion on How accurate is the "vinegar test" really? within the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium forums, part of the Freshwater Fish and Aquariums category; --> I just was not sure as we have at least 5 maybe more types of oak trees here. I'll be stocking up on them ...

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
False Adolfo Cory
False Adolfo Cory
Glowlight Danio
Glowlight Danio
Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
How accurate is the "vinegar test" really?
Old 09-09-2011, 01:08 AM   #21
 
I just was not sure as we have at least 5 maybe more types of oak trees here. I'll be stocking up on them soon.
k19smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 AM   #22
 
Byron's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by k19smith View Post
I just was not sure as we have at least 5 maybe more types of oak trees here. I'll be stocking up on them soon.
There are many species of oak tree; but an oak is an oak, and the leaves are not toxic when dried.
Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #23
 
alysalouise's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron View Post
There are many species of oak tree; but an oak is an oak, and the leaves are not toxic when dried.


Do you bring them inside to dry?



Would maybe putting them on top of a dryer be okay to dry them?
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #24
 
Byron's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alysalouise View Post
Do you bring them inside to dry?



Would maybe putting them on top of a dryer be okay to dry them?
I let them dry naturally in air, just lay them out on a table (dryer is fine) but not on something like newspaper as they might pick up the ink.
Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #25
 
alysalouise's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron View Post
I let them dry naturally in air, just lay them out on a table (dryer is fine) but not on something like newspaper as they might pick up the ink.

Maybe put them on a blank white sheet of paper then?

Always lots of oak leaves here, and i think it would look nice in one of my tanks
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #26
 
Byron's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alysalouise View Post
Maybe put them on a blank white sheet of paper then?

Always lots of oak leaves here, and i think it would look nice in one of my tanks
I used a sheet of untreated/unpainted plywood. Plain paper should be fine. If you pick them up on a dry day they shouldn't be too wet anyway.
Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
rock, vinegar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.