09-16-2008, 07:40 AM
| || |
I think your tank not being cycled might have done your fish in. While fish in cycling is doable it requires daily monitoring of your water paramters and regular water changes to keep the ammonia levels down to acceptable levels. Most likely your fish succumbed to ammonia poisoning. What type of fish were they? The white spot is probably a secondary symptom, with the ammonia poisoning they were stressed and not as reslient.
Use the test kit and test for your ammonia. Anything over 0.5ppm necessitates an immediate 50% water change. Same thing for nitrites.
Do you use a tap water conditioner?
Do you have a heater for the tank?