| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools|
you probably would have done better using pure ammonia vs fish food. imo its easier to measure when adding to the tank. its cheaper and you don't waste food that can be given to the livestock. but i know some people do take the route that you take and that is by choice just as mine was to use liquid ammonia.
Originally Posted by 1077 View Post
| || |
GAAH after a few days of 30% water changes the ammonia has finally come down to 0, then I tested 3 days later and it was up to 2 ppm! I didn,t even touch the substrate and the remaining fishes seems fine, no ammonia burns, no symptoms of ammonia poisoning. I did lose one cory last week to what looked like fungal infection (it killed him in less than 24 hours though, despite QT tank and treatment...) It's been over a week since my blunder, I don't get why the ammonia is not coming down. I think I may be overfeeding though, and I'd like to know, it is okay to stop feeding the fishes for 3-4 days to see if the ammonia will come down? I'm at loss here. My ammonia test could be faulty but it's about 8 months-old and has never been like that!
« Beginner starting setting up a puffer tank - advice/suggestions most welcome | Need help with sealing tank... »
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Planning a partial water change||jd8521||Beginner Freshwater Aquarium||5||09-12-2009 04:18 PM|
|can I do a partial water change?||redlessi||Freshwater and Tropical Fish||3||08-27-2009 12:25 PM|
|High Nitrite - partial water change - BAD||goldwing||Tropical Fish Diseases||7||07-10-2008 12:25 PM|
|Did my first partial water change...||JackBauer||Beginner Freshwater Aquarium||14||02-22-2007 04:38 PM|