08-09-2007, 01:15 PM
| || |
Getting rid of yellow algae...
Ok, even though i have been doing this for a while now, i made a bit of a school boy error. In my 3.3g dwarf puffer tank i have been leaving the light on a little too long, and now have a fine coating of yellow algae on plants, rocks and gravel.
I've cut down on the light hours so hopefully there should be no more growing, but how do i get rid of the stuff that's in there now? obviously there is no space for any sort of biological solution (something tells me a plec might out grow a 3.3g...)
Can i just wipe it off in the tank, or will it re-settle on the surfaces? I was thinking, wipe off as much as i can, then do a bigish water change, repeat as needed...
Any suggestions greatly welcomed!