| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools|
Getting a 50-60 Gallon (Possibly a 125)... LOTS OF QUESTIONS!
So, with our offer approved on our first house, it's looking like we will be moving sometime in June. The largest I have ever owned is a 20 gallon, so this is kind of new territory to me. That being said, one of our first big projects is going to be to get a 50-60 gallon tank. (My boyfriend did find a 125 gallon on craigslist that he is interested in, so that is also a possibility. That also being said, I have a ton of questions.
- I would love to do a heavily planted tank, but I do not like sand or dirt bottoms. I prefer gravel. Is this possible? What are my options there? What kind of light is necessary?
- What kind of filter is recommended for this size tank?
- What are some combinations of fish I can put in it?
- How long would you recommend cycling a tank of this magnitude before putting fish in?
- Are salt-water tanks hard to manage? Would it be better to do a fresh-water?
- Any other advice?
Originally Posted by lilyth88 View Post
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Mahatma Gandhi
|The Following User Says Thank You to Inga For This Useful Post:|| |
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Questions about possibly getting a 26g bowfront.||Vegaskyle||Beginner Freshwater Aquarium||4||03-06-2008 10:35 PM|
|Lots of questions||critter_keeper||Cichlids||11||12-21-2006 04:14 PM|