03-14-2011, 09:55 AM
| || |
Originally Posted by clayton1169
I checked them out pretty good before adding to my tank they did have ick or show any signs of external parasites mainly hole in the head and growth deformities
Many parasites are internal and passed on through feces to other fishes when the affected fish passes these parasites and other fishes ingest them while feeding ,foraging, along the bottom.
I applaud you for wanting to help these poor fish but sometimes our good intentions come with not so good consequences.
Treating your 125 gal tank with medications would be both labor intensive,(water changes) and expensive (buying medications).