We been doing a fishless cycle for about 3-4 weeks now. We kept the ammonia around 5 for two weeks until the nitrites appeared and shot up 5.
keep adding ammonia to keep it up at that level until a few days ago it became harder to keep at that level. Nitrates appeared too and climbed up.
The last couple of days the ammonia and nitrites have remained around .25-.50 when we check it. When we add ammonia it rises alittle then drops back down, but doesn't disappear completely. I checked the nitrates and they've been staying around 5-10.
Haven't gone up. However I noticed that ph has gone from 8 to 7.5 within the last week and has now dropped down to about 6.8.
I read that doing a water change could help to get the ph back up, but I'm not sure were doing everything correctly.
Posted via Mobile Device