Hey everyone, I just noticed this today, but I'm assuming it's been going on for awhile.
I have some silk plants in my tank(from a pet store intended for aquarium use) and today I noticed what looked like a big blob of light blue mold growing on the tip of one of the plants, I looked a little closer, and realized that it's actually the plastic that is molded as the stems/veins under the leaves.
I would say they probably ate at least 1/2" of the silk leaves in certain places, I would assume that fish or shrimp eating string would probably be a bad thing, so i took them out and put them in a cycling tank(in hopes that maybe the bacteria on them could help the tank cycling while there's no fish in it)
I have three small goldfish, and one amano shrimp, and a bunch of trumpet snails.
Anyone else had this problem, and should I do anything to make sure nothing bad happens to the fish as a result from this?