Over the past month, I have much of my tank die, the latest death was today. It started with a Red Wag, that I euthanized because I suspected it had tuberculosis over a month ago. Soon after, another red wag died. From that point to today, a Rasbora, and Black Phantom Tetra being the latest, and an Angelfish have died, none of which showed any signs of disease.
Somebody please help!!! I don't know what to do.
1. Size of tank?
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? 15
d. pH, KH and GH? Unknown
e. Test kit? API
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
1 Angelfish - 3 inches
3 Rasboras - Almost an inch each
3 Black Phantom Tetras - Just over an inch each
1 Red Wag Platys - 1 Inch
1 Algae Eater - 2 inches
2 Red Wags - 1 inch - 6 months
1 Rasbora - 1 inch - 1 year
1 Angelfish - 4 inches - 1 year
1 Black Phantom Tetra
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
No (Found dead)
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
Fake wood and some hollow decor.
9. a. Filtration?
Top Fin 30
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? 12 hours on-12 hours off
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? Very small, if any.
11. a. Water change schedule? About 20% every week.
b. Volume of water changed? Around 7 Gallons
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap Water
d. Water conditioner used? Stress Coat
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Vacuumed almost every water change.
12. Foods? Omega One
How often are they fed? Once a Day
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
The first red wag - Curved Spine, Lying on Ground, Not swimming, Torn Tail Fins, It looks like he has a small white spot right infront of his tail fin, but it is hard to get a good view of him.
All other fish looked normal
b. Appearance of poop? Unknown
c. Appearance of gills? Normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? No
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.