Cycling my aquarium (28 Days) - Page 2
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » Cycling my aquarium (28 Days)

Cycling my aquarium (28 Days)

This is a discussion on Cycling my aquarium (28 Days) within the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium forums, part of the Freshwater Fish and Aquariums category; --> Originally Posted by lipadj46 You can try tetra safe start but before that I would shake the nitrate #2 solution, while banging it on ...

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
Blue Ram
Blue Ram
Black-Winged Hatchetfish
Black-Winged Hatchetfish
Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Cycling my aquarium (28 Days)
Old 03-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #11
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipadj46 View Post
You can try tetra safe start but before that I would shake the nitrate #2 solution, while banging it on a table for a minute before adding the 10 drops as it seems to be slightly souble in the soution.


Okay, It says to shake it for about 30 seconds. Others say shake for about 2 minutes to get an accurate result. Tonight ill shake it and bang it on the table for 2 minutes. should i do a water change after check the Nitrate leval and see no Nitrates?
banks720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #12
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipadj46 View Post
You can try tetra safe start but before that I would shake the nitrate #2 solution, while banging it on a table for a minute before adding the 10 drops as it seems to be slightly souble in the soution.

Okay, It says to shake it for about 30 seconds. Others say shake for about 2 minutes to get an accurate result. Tonight ill shake it and bang it on the table for 2 minutes. should i do a water change after check the Nitrate leval and see no Nitrates?
banks720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #13
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by banks720 View Post
Okay, It says to shake it for about 30 seconds. Others say shake for about 2 minutes to get an accurate result. Tonight ill shake it and bang it on the table for 2 minutes. should i do a water change after check the Nitrate leval and see no Nitrates?
Yeah the second bottle really needs to be shaken well to make sure the crystals have broken up and then the test tube needs to shaken again. Yes test before water changes.
lipadj46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #14
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipadj46 View Post
Yeah the second bottle really needs to be shaken well to make sure the crystals have broken up and then the test tube needs to shaken again. Yes test before water changes.






I'll test the water tonight and definintly shake the second bottle for two minutes and the test tube to break up the crystals.
banks720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #15
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by banks720 View Post
I'll test the water tonight and definintly shake the second bottle for two minutes and the test tube to break up the crystals.

@Lipadj46, I test the water again tonight, and I took your advice on bottle number 2. Instead of 30 seconds, did it for 2 minutes. Ammonia - 0.25 ,Nitrite 0, and Nitrate - 5.0 . My tank is most there. Should i wait for the ammonia to be 0ppm before I add more fish? ). 0.25 is still in the safe zone. I want to add some ghost shrimp in my tank? I researched panda Cory catfish, and I want to add some to my tank once my tank is established? They will also help clean the bottom of my tank.
banks720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #16
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by banks720 View Post
@Lipadj46, I test the water again tonight, and I took your advice on bottle number 2. Instead of 30 seconds, did it for 2 minutes. Ammonia - 0.25 ,Nitrite 0, and Nitrate - 5.0 . My tank is most there. Should i wait for the ammonia to be 0ppm before I add more fish? ). 0.25 is still in the safe zone. I want to add some ghost shrimp in my tank? I researched panda Cory catfish, and I want to add some to my tank once my tank is established? They will also help clean the bottom of my tank.
Personally I would wait another few days or if you do add fish make sure to use prime when doing daily water changes.
lipadj46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #17
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipadj46 View Post
Personally I would wait another few days or if you do add fish make sure to use prime when doing daily water changes.


Okay, I'll wait and see what happens Sunday. keep doing my water changes. Thanks for the help
banks720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cycling my aquarium banks720 Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 8 02-12-2011 06:13 PM
20 gallon cycling 8 days now..... jbonez Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 18 01-16-2011 04:30 PM
29 gallon tank still not cycling after 5 days Freddy Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 83 01-25-2010 07:50 PM
Cycling your Aquarium westpoison Member Submitted Articles 0 03-20-2008 09:15 PM
feeding your fish every 3 days , 2 days ,every day /??????/ black&whiteclowns Saltwater Fish 3 06-13-2007 08:06 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.