Could I use this light... - Page 2 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 Old 11-10-2011, 07:51 AM
New Member
 
e2paradise's Avatar
 
hang on????? do you use T8??
e2paradise is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 Old 11-10-2011, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Calmwaters's Avatar
 
Thanks Abbeysdad those are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2paradise View Post
hang on????? do you use T8??
e2paradise-Yes that is what alot of us use they work great for low to moderate light plants. And welcome to the forum to.

Kindest Regards,
Amanda

Keeping fish its not a hobby it is a passion!

55 gallon, 44 gallon, one 20 gallon tank, three 10 gallon tanks, and a 2.5 gallon all with real plants.

I have MTS and there is no cure.

Calmwaters is offline  
post #13 of 20 Old 11-10-2011, 09:31 PM
New Member
 
e2paradise's Avatar
 
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmwaters View Post
Thanks Abbeysdad those are great!



e2paradise-Yes that is what alot of us use they work great for low to moderate light plants. And welcome to the forum to.
Utilitech 48" 2-Light Utility Fluorescent Shoplight,this one is not enough, did you use light strip before??/ it is waterproof.LED Aquarium Light
e2paradise is offline  
post #14 of 20 Old 11-10-2011, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Calmwaters's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2paradise View Post
Utilitech 48" 2-Light Utility Fluorescent Shoplight,this one is not enough, did you use light strip before??/ it is waterproof.LED Aquarium Light
Actually it is plenty for the type of plants I plan on haveing in the tank. I have used one almost like this and there are others here who have used the same type of bulbs.

Kindest Regards,
Amanda

Keeping fish its not a hobby it is a passion!

55 gallon, 44 gallon, one 20 gallon tank, three 10 gallon tanks, and a 2.5 gallon all with real plants.

I have MTS and there is no cure.

Calmwaters is offline  
post #15 of 20 Old 11-10-2011, 09:57 PM
New Member
 
e2paradise's Avatar
 
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmwaters View Post
Actually it is plenty for the type of plants I plan on haveing in the tank. I have used one almost like this and there are others here who have used the same type of bulbs.
bulb is waste of energy, and it is easy to break, now too many people l like choose led aquarium light,
e2paradise is offline  
post #16 of 20 Old 11-10-2011, 10:30 PM
zof
Member
 
zof's Avatar
 
While LEDs work fine for fish only tanks they do not provide enough output for your typical planted tank and the amount of high powered LEDs needed to sufficently light a planted tank makes it a very expensive up front. In another 5 years the price on high powered LEDs should come down enough to make it a more viable option but until that day Fluorescent will rule over planted tanks.
zof is offline  
post #17 of 20 Old 11-10-2011, 10:34 PM
New Member
 
e2paradise's Avatar
 
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zof View Post
While LEDs work fine for fish only tanks they do not provide enough output for your typical planted tank and the amount of high powered LEDs needed to sufficently light a planted tank makes it a very expensive up front. In another 5 years the price on high powered LEDs should come down enough to make it a more viable option but until that day Fluorescent will rule over planted tanks.
the LED aquarium light is good for coral reef, it can acceleate growing, by the way, the price had already down now, not so expensive
e2paradise is offline  
post #18 of 20 Old 11-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Member
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2paradise View Post
the LED aquarium light is good for coral reef, it can acceleate growing, by the way, the price had already down now, not so expensive
Light requirements for saltwater is much different then freshwater plant requirements.
Boredomb is offline  
post #19 of 20 Old 11-10-2011, 10:41 PM
New Member
 
e2paradise's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
Light requirements for saltwater is much different then freshwater plant requirements.
Accurately, use light ,then hang on ,not put it inside , so no difference, did you use it before?
e2paradise is offline  
post #20 of 20 Old 11-11-2011, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Calmwaters's Avatar
 
As I said before these are the bulbs alot of us use. The question was more for the fixture than the bulbs because I have used the same tyoe of bulbs before and they worked great for my plants. Also the LED lights are still expensive here.

Kindest Regards,
Amanda

Keeping fish its not a hobby it is a passion!

55 gallon, 44 gallon, one 20 gallon tank, three 10 gallon tanks, and a 2.5 gallon all with real plants.

I have MTS and there is no cure.

Calmwaters is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marineland LED light system and low light plants mcb5522 Beginner Planted Aquarium 7 03-07-2011 03:40 PM
Hark, a light, a light at the end of the tunnel! jcinnb Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 2 01-18-2011 09:25 PM
Fish tank light blew.. How long can a tank go without a light?? thefishboy Freshwater and Tropical Fish 11 12-13-2010 12:06 AM
enough light? playeryhm Beginner Saltwater Aquariums 1 03-29-2010 10:43 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome