04-30-2012, 09:56 AM
| || |
Originally Posted by Sam Crow
It wasn't green when it first started to cloud up. That's what made me think it wasn't algae. 2 days ago it started to have a green-ish hue to the color. BINGO, algae. My wife has been leaving the light on all day(so I've come to find out), so I figure that helped cause the abundance of algae.
It was likely just a bacterial bloom initially. The light on constantly would certainly cause green water. Not to mention stressing the fish. Keep a close eye out for ich, it is very comon when the lighyt has been on 24/7. Fish need 6-8 hours of complete darkness every night, as indeed do plants.