09-18-2012, 08:09 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by AbbeysDad
I forget, how are you furnishing ammonia?
So are you saying ammonia is being converted to nitrites, but nitrites are increasing and you are not yet seeing an increase in nitrates???
If so, this can take awhile. You need to keep nitrites low with water changes to allow nitrobacter to develop as nitrites are very toxic and can prevent the bacteria from developing.
Cleaning rocks makes no sense to me.
i got lost on cleanesed rocks to...i been adding ammonia(ace)...my nitrates are at 90ppm