02-20-2011, 12:06 AM
| || |
Originally Posted by bailey0789
Im looking for some advice on cleaning the algae off the inside of the glass. It seems like the day after I clean it, it comes right back. Are there ways to control this. Also, I noticed today that it looks different. Im not absolutely sure if it was there before or not but now it looks like the algae has small hairs. Anyone seen this before?
I like to use a clean paper towel folded into fourths for cleaning glass. Sometimes reducing the lighting period can help with algae. Would maybe try reducing the lighting period to eight hours from ten hours.
If lighting is on for over ten hours,,then algae would be expected for plant's only can use so much light per day. Leaving lights on longer than ten hours, won't increase plant growth but will increase algae growth.