11-15-2009, 02:36 AM
| || |
Originally Posted by kenbeme
is there a way to get rid of the chorine in the tap water, other than using the chemical, I hear that if you leave the water in a bucked for 24 hrs the the chlorine would naturalized or some thing. Not sure on who that would happen?
Chlorine will dissipate after twenty four hours from the water. Is why many water treatment plants use Chloramines rather than just chlorine. Chloramines are a combination of chlorine and ammonia and I suspect Chloramines would be more effective at killing germs,bacteria etc .
IF your water treatment plant uses ONLY chlorine,then leaving it to set for a day before using would render it safe for the aquarium. If however,, CHLORAMINES are used and or metals are present,, I would always use a water conditioner such as PRIME that deals with both before I added the water to my aquarium.
I would call water treatment plant if I was curious ,to see which method is used.