01-02-2012, 03:34 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by Byron
It might be a type of cyanobacteria, which can occur as green to very dark black-green, and even red. As Amanda said, clean the decor, if it easily comes off as a slimy film it is probably cyano. A thorough water change will also help, but be careful. Depending upon your pH of the tank water and the tap water, a large water change could create ammonia poisoning. Take it slow.
I didn't think cyanobacteria can grow in freshwater, I've seen it grow rampant in saltwater though, but never heard of in fresh- good tip!