Basically what ich is :it is an extremely comon parasite that affects aquarium fish. It is highly infectious and potentially lethal and manifests as tiny white spots all over the fish. The spots are no larger than grains of salt. I would personally put in Salt (aquarium freshwater salt) you can buy it at Walmart or any Bigals Store. It works as 1 Teaspoon per 20 litres = which is equivalent to 1 teaspoon per 5.3 gallons (jut take 5 gallons), i have a 55 gallon tank too, and just recently got ich;
- Raise temperature to 84F - 86F
- Add Aquarium Salt - 1 teaspoon per 5 gallons
- Medicate for 10-14 days - With ICH Away (Best) or any other medicine uesd for ICH.
- (OPTIONAL)Reduce medication when treating scaleless fish
- Discontinue carbon filtration during treatment
- Perform water changes between treatments
- Clean water everyday (waterchange) and dig deep in the gravel with the gravel vacuum, after you see what comes out...you will be surprised.
After this your Ich problem should go away in 6-10 days