Back from my trip:)
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » Back from my trip:)

Back from my trip:)

This is a discussion on Back from my trip:) within the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium forums, part of the Freshwater Fish and Aquariums category; --> So..after the weekend I'm finally back..fish survived the day in a bag and 6 hour drive home the next morning..(Not my ideal plan) but..hopefully ...

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
Electric Yellow Cichlids
Electric Yellow Cichlids
Lyretail Checkerboard Cichlid
Lyretail Checkerboard Cichlid
Reply
Old 09-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
 
Back from my trip:)

So..after the weekend I'm finally back..fish survived the day in a bag and 6 hour drive home the next morning..(Not my ideal plan) but..hopefully it'll work..I'm going to wait the full 48 hours to see for sure..fingers crossed

They had a pretty decent selection, I even found a "teacup" stingray for sale...90 bucks!..I just couldn't do it from all my pre-existing research and how unfair and unliekly it would survive the trip..(Even though in a few months I'll have a 400 gallon) I just really couldn't haha...AHH

So I just settled for a few items that probably aren't as"rare"..but I couldn't even get them here so..I figured, why not:)

1:farlowella
1: reed fish
1:pike cichlid
1:ctenopoha-elopard

They all seem to being faring well in the different tanks I placed them in so..I'm hoping haha I think they're VERY cute:)
kattty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
 
kitten_penang's Avatar
 
you made it.how was the trip?? i kinda remember someone promised pics lol get some rest i know your tired and so are the fish.
kitten_penang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_penang View Post
you made it.how was the trip?? i kinda remember someone promised pics lol get some rest i know your tired and so are the fish.

Yeah I REALLY gotta get on the picture taking wagon...it just seems that everytime i take a picture of my tank it looks awful lol..(N)

but all fish ate within 4 hours of arriving home ..woke up this morning and everybody seems comfortable..:)
kattty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #4
 
kitten_penang's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kattty View Post
Yeah I REALLY gotta get on the picture taking wagon...it just seems that everytime i take a picture of my tank it looks awful lol..(N)

but all fish ate within 4 hours of arriving home ..woke up this morning and everybody seems comfortable..:)

thats great news.i kinda have my handsful as we speak.the new stand couldn't be finished in time so no door yet but they're sending it over tomorrow. the tanks due in 2 days and the aro needs to be re-home in another 90 gallon inside my condo.looks like i have a lot of work just like you lol we could just say i shifted in with you no one will ever know joking. oh yeah i found out a great trick so that new gravel tanks wont be murky. it uses 2 hoses one in one out wash gravel in tank till waters clear then remove out pipe and leave the in pipe to fill up the tank.cool huh
kitten_penang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_penang View Post
thats great news.i kinda have my handsful as we speak.the new stand couldn't be finished in time so no door yet but they're sending it over tomorrow. the tanks due in 2 days and the aro needs to be re-home in another 90 gallon inside my condo.looks like i have a lot of work just like you lol we could just say i shifted in with you no one will ever know joking. oh yeah i found out a great trick so that new gravel tanks wont be murky. it uses 2 hoses one in one out wash gravel in tank till waters clear then remove out pipe and leave the in pipe to fill up the tank.cool huh
wow..great idea!lol..ya..im pretty over whelmed atm..just really busy with everything..feels as though my tanks aren't getting the ideal maintanence but..everything seems okay..nobodys dead looking lol..all active ect.
kattty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
 
kitten_penang's Avatar
 
thats means their ok and it will give you some time to rest as well =)
kitten_penang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
 
LisaC144's Avatar
 
Good luck with everything. I LOVE my Farlowella. I plan on getting one or two more
LisaC144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaC144 View Post
Good luck with everything. I LOVE my Farlowella. I plan on getting one or two more

haha my boyfriend calls him/her the stick fish..haha..ya they're cute!:)
kattty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:21 AM   #9
 
kitten_penang's Avatar
 
havent seen those here i bet they are a welcome sight in any aquarium.ask bryon if you run into any problems with them.i think he's spawned a few weeks back
kitten_penang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #10
 
LisaC144's Avatar
 
They're called a "twig fish" so your boyfriend is somewhat correct My husband calls him "Waldo", as in "Where's Waldo?" the books because he blends in so well with all the plants and driftwood in my tank that he can be impossible to spot sometimes.
LisaC144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trip to the pet store :) biokid101 Livebearers 4 04-21-2010 06:17 PM
I'm going on a ski trip!!! Freddy Off Topic Discussions 4 01-16-2010 07:58 AM
What should cause my GFCI to trip? JLong80 Saltwater Aquarium Equipment 8 08-20-2009 01:05 PM
back from scuba trip... gymnothorax Off Topic Discussions 2 06-13-2008 02:16 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.