Originally Posted by jsm11482
I just did a 25% water change and now the ammonia reading is between .25 and .5 - can't tell which. But the (baby) plants I have should consume some of that, right? Also shouldn't the nitrite's be kickin' in soon to eat the ammonia?
Plants will consume ammonia but not convert them to nitrites. Only bacteria will.
Josh, the only way to remove ammonia is to do more water changes. Plants wil be too slow and too much ammonia forming will cause gill burns and other problems to the fish.