Aquarium Backgrounds - Page 2 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 Old 01-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Member
 
iamntbatman's Avatar
 
I haven't set up any new tanks since this thread was posted, but the next one I do set up will probably have a background like this one:

My DIY Background

Looks fantastic, if you ask me.

4 8 15 16 23 42
iamntbatman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 25 Old 01-14-2010, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
HollyinWA's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntbatman View Post
I haven't set up any new tanks since this thread was posted, but the next one I do set up will probably have a background like this one:

My DIY Background

Looks fantastic, if you ask me.
Wow, that does look good! I am sure different shades can be used for each type of look. Thanks for sharing that thread.
HollyinWA is offline  
post #13 of 25 Old 01-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Gold Member
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyinWA View Post
Good thing I am not a substance user. LOL
Me too, as it seems that's my nature. The B/F came home tonight telling me that the guy he's doing a remodel for has an 80gl tank (filter, heater, stand & hood included) sitting empty that he just wants "to be gone". After eight years I find it silly that he comes home and asks me if I want it. As if he had to ask...

If you don't stand up for something you'll fall for anything...
aunt kymmie is offline  
post #14 of 25 Old 01-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Member
 
Angel079's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyinWA View Post
You also seem like you may be mechanically inclined as well.
absolutely 110% NOT I just want thing s *certain* way on my tanks and being in the stix there's little options so I get creative and window tint works nice actually...and the stand....well don't even ask how many DAYS this took me, that would be too embarrassing to post here

~ Life Is Too Short, Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly, Love Truly, Laugh Uncontrollably And Never Regret Anything that Made You Smile.
Life May Not Be The Party We Hoped For, But While We're Here, We Should Dance. ~
Angel079 is offline  
post #15 of 25 Old 01-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel079 View Post
wonder where you read that from
NO CLUE WHO SAID THAT! I'm pretty sure it was me, NOT! hehe

Pat

ON IOWA! GO HAWKS!
PRichs87 is offline  
post #16 of 25 Old 01-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Member
 
Angel079's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyinWA View Post
Thank you! I love pretty things and love to create. I see all kinds of great looking tanks on here. My problem is, I love all kinds of looks and will end up wanting several tanks to have several looks and not only several looks in decor but several different kinds of fish. Gee, I really have the addiction starting all over again. If it is not one thing it is another with me. Good thing I am not a substance user. LOL
Our Doctors from the Mod Team call this sickness MTS

That's how it always starts, get one, set it all up after research...then you learned some stuff that triggers a 2nd tank and when you research that set up a 3rd....yea I know how that feels.....its a good feeling thou

~ Life Is Too Short, Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly, Love Truly, Laugh Uncontrollably And Never Regret Anything that Made You Smile.
Life May Not Be The Party We Hoped For, But While We're Here, We Should Dance. ~
Angel079 is offline  
post #17 of 25 Old 01-14-2010, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
HollyinWA's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie View Post
Me too, as it seems that's my nature. The B/F came home tonight telling me that the guy he's doing a remodel for has an 80gl tank (filter, heater, stand & hood included) sitting empty that he just wants "to be gone". After eight years I find it silly that he comes home and asks me if I want it. As if he had to ask...

LOL So.....are you going to take it? How many do you have now? My husband probably would not want to tell me that one was available. He likes fish,but I don't think he likes it so much when I get too many. Not sure exactly why.
HollyinWA is offline  
post #18 of 25 Old 01-14-2010, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
HollyinWA's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel079 View Post
absolutely 110% NOT I just want thing s *certain* way on my tanks and being in the stix there's little options so I get creative and window tint works nice actually...and the stand....well don't even ask how many DAYS this took me, that would be too embarrassing to post here

Didn't you build your stand and top yourself? It sure looks good!
HollyinWA is offline  
post #19 of 25 Old 01-14-2010, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
HollyinWA's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel079 View Post
Our Doctors from the Mod Team call this sickness MTS

That's how it always starts, get one, set it all up after research...then you learned some stuff that triggers a 2nd tank and when you research that set up a 3rd....yea I know how that feels.....its a good feeling thou
Yes, this is true and it is happening to me again. Boy, what I could do if I was not worried that it would bug my husband. He is not controlling at all but you know how it can be sometimes. If you want another tank do you just go get it and bring it home with no worries? I usually mention little things here and there and then I go get it and bring it home.
HollyinWA is offline  
post #20 of 25 Old 01-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Member
 
Angel079's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyinWA View Post
Didn't you build your stand and top yourself? It sure looks good!
Yea for the 55g but a fellow carpenter-fish keeper on here said back then that it was built too sturdy, I could have used thinner wood too, oh well....It sure holds the tank and then some

Most of all with your horses and kids and the 2 tanks you already have and lord know what possible other critters....see if you have the time to spare too

~ Life Is Too Short, Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly, Love Truly, Laugh Uncontrollably And Never Regret Anything that Made You Smile.
Life May Not Be The Party We Hoped For, But While We're Here, We Should Dance. ~
Angel079 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aquarium backgrounds LisaC144 Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 73 01-03-2010 10:20 AM
Backgrounds? Julie's Julies Freshwater Aquarium Equipment 4 01-15-2008 04:03 PM
Backgrounds nofinga911 DIY Aquarium 2 10-15-2007 04:42 PM
Backgrounds, why don't you have them? xingumike Freshwater Aquarium Equipment 14 12-20-2006 03:58 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome