Another re-scape, Planted 29g for those that may be interested. - Page 2 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 Old 05-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Member
 
Chesh's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy View Post
Your tank looks great! Is this the finish rescape?
Haha! I'm starting to doubt that a tank scape is ever actually 'finished'
Chesh is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Chesh For This Useful Post:
rhymon78 (05-29-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 28 Old 05-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Member
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesherca View Post
Haha! I'm starting to doubt that a tank scape is ever actually 'finished'

55 gallon planted tank, starting over!!!( looking crappy, needs a major rescape)
Jayy is offline  
post #13 of 28 Old 05-29-2012, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
rhymon78's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termato View Post
Hey man,

How did you split your sword? I split one that came...almost already split. I want to do it to my anubias and two swords.
Hey termato,

The dwarf swords just came as a few plantlets held together by a weight if I remember rightly, so I just took the wright off and separated. The really large one I just got rid of, which a piece of it sits front and centre, that came potted and again this had one main plant with a few smaller pieces all together in the rock wool. Didn't actually have to physically split them.

Peace always..

If you worry you die, and if you don't worry you still die..... so why worry?
rhymon78 is offline  
post #14 of 28 Old 05-29-2012, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
rhymon78's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy View Post
Your tank looks great! Is this the finish rescape?
Thank you for your compliment!! Appreciate it.

It's never done, obviously I don't want to freak the fish out constantly by moving stuff every week, but I don't think I'll ever be totally happy. I hate the substrate, and would love a dark substrate, but don't have anything to put the fish in to change the gravel out. Each time I change things, the whole thing seems better, guess I'm learning.

It's just the nature of plants, I'll put something, if it doesn't do well or looks thin etc I'll buy something else, then I'll get bored and decide to move things.

It's because I can't add anymore fish, and I am not allowed a other tank! Lol, I've tried begging the mrs but she won't go for it.....

Peace always..

If you worry you die, and if you don't worry you still die..... so why worry?
rhymon78 is offline  
post #15 of 28 Old 05-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Member
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymon78 View Post
Thank you for your compliment!! Appreciate it.

It's never done, obviously I don't want to freak the fish out constantly by moving stuff every week, but I don't think I'll ever be totally happy. I hate the substrate, and would love a dark substrate, but don't have anything to put the fish in to change the gravel out. Each time I change things, the whole thing seems better, guess I'm learning.

It's just the nature of plants, I'll put something, if it doesn't do well or looks thin etc I'll buy something else, then I'll get bored and decide to move things.

It's because I can't add anymore fish, and I am not allowed a other tank! Lol, I've tried begging the mrs but she won't go for it.....
Your welcome! Your aquascaping is getting better. I understand about the Mrs, my mom's the same way. They just don't understand how addicting fish keeping is!!

55 gallon planted tank, starting over!!!( looking crappy, needs a major rescape)
Jayy is offline  
post #16 of 28 Old 06-05-2012, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
rhymon78's Avatar
 
A few new additions and a bit of a trim....

Update,

I have discovered the joys of cryptocoryne's! I added two different types a week or so ago, and went and bought a couple more today. I have added them to the front and front left of the tank as foreground plants. I have heavy surface cover by floating plants so need lots of low light requiring plants. Hence the abundance of Anubias, Java fern and crypts! I also had a much needed pruning sesh today, my Java moss was nearly reaching the surface it had grown so much.. I also got a nice Echinodorus osiris (rubra).

here are a few pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1054.jpg (69.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1034.jpg (94.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1046.jpg (65.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1048.jpg (83.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1036.jpg (117.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1043.jpg (73.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1040.jpg (119.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1041.jpg (83.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1050.jpg (88.2 KB, 27 views)

Peace always..

If you worry you die, and if you don't worry you still die..... so why worry?
rhymon78 is offline  
post #17 of 28 Old 06-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Member
 
Termato's Avatar
 
Looking good man.

one suggestion: move the cannon forward so we can see it! lol It's getting lost in that jungle.
Termato is offline  
post #18 of 28 Old 06-05-2012, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
rhymon78's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termato View Post
Looking good man.

one suggestion: move the cannon forward so we can see it! lol It's getting lost in that jungle.
Trust you..... its fine where it is, it serves a purpose, the loaches like to sleep in it. I am not that bothered about it, but in all truthfulness there just isn't any room! that is the only place it will fit. I need a MUCH bigger aquarium.

Peace always..

If you worry you die, and if you don't worry you still die..... so why worry?
rhymon78 is offline  
post #19 of 28 Old 06-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Member
 
Inga's Avatar
 
I know I have said this before but with the new pictures, I need to say it again. Most often, I think the look of a plain blac background is best. It makes the colors of the fish and the plants pop. I too like a black or darker substrate but all that said, Your background is amazing in that tank. It works perfectly with the plants and the natural colored gravel you have.

I understand all too well about wanting to change this or that each week. I was driving my fish nuts for awhile but I am taking it a little easy on them now. I have been too busy, I guess. All told, your tank is absolutely lovely. I enjoy seeing all the pictures.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Mahatma Gandhi
Inga is offline  
post #20 of 28 Old 06-05-2012, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
rhymon78's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga View Post
I know I have said this before but with the new pictures, I need to say it again. Most often, I think the look of a plain blac background is best. It makes the colors of the fish and the plants pop. I too like a black or darker substrate but all that said, Your background is amazing in that tank. It works perfectly with the plants and the natural colored gravel you have.

I understand all too well about wanting to change this or that each week. I was driving my fish nuts for awhile but I am taking it a little easy on them now. I have been too busy, I guess. All told, your tank is absolutely lovely. I enjoy seeing all the pictures.
Ahhh thanks Inga!! much appreciated.

I know there is ALOT of green in there, the whole tank just looks green, I think much of is to do with the floating plants, and the light filtering through has a green tinge.

I do like the background too, I just wanted something that would blend in, Byron has a background on one of his tanks that is a tree trunk, and roots etc and its really subtle and just blends into the back ground. Truth be told I also like pure black background, and I would LOVE black substrate, or at least much darker. The whole purpose to make the green pop, and the fish also. But it is what it is, and I got to make the best with what I have.

I have a problem, I cannot stop buying stuff for my aquarium. I am always wanting to go hunting for more plants, or other things I might need. its awful! I have been 3 times in the last week.... we have had a long weekend here in the UK for the 60th anniversary of the Queen. So I have had time spare.. just today I was looking longingly and drooling at some nice pieces of sumatra drift wood, I nearly bought some... I got no idea what I would do with it... I have about 6 pieces of driftwood underneath my tank, 5 rocks, and other such apparel... its a weakness.

It has to stop though, and the fish need a rest from the constant tinkering, like you said.

thanks again for the compliments. x

Peace always..

If you worry you die, and if you don't worry you still die..... so why worry?
rhymon78 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newest Cichlid Scape BrandonJ Freshwater Journals 6 04-24-2011 01:58 PM
New Cichlid-Scape. BrandonJ Freshwater Journals 10 04-18-2011 03:23 PM
New Cichlid Scape, Again... BrandonJ Freshwater Journals 5 04-16-2011 06:53 PM
New Cichlid-Scape BrandonJ Freshwater Journals 4 03-12-2011 11:43 PM
Help with plant scape MoneyMitch Beginner Planted Aquarium 4 10-22-2009 09:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome