09-05-2008, 06:55 AM
| || |
I have been treating my tank for over 18 days for ick. I stopped treatment because of my ammonia spike (good bacteria kiled off). Prior to this I had been doing a 20% water change every 3 days. My ammonia level has not changed, it is at 1.0 My local fish store told me to not do any more water changes because of the huge amounts I had been doing, and it would just delay the ammonia spike (nitrites are 0, nitrates 15). The fish are breathing a little bit heavy; however I don't know what to do. Would it be ok to wait a couple more days with a 1.0 ammonia level? or do another water change? Just need help, don't know which way to turn. Thanks!