01-15-2014, 10:01 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by mechanical8dragon
Do you have live plants in your tank?
Also, don't let the ammonia run out, what little bacteria you're starting to grow will starve. When it reaches 1ppm, dose it back up to 4ppm. Plants can eat the ammonia, they won't give you the levels of nitrites (if my memory serves me correctly)
I'f you don't have live plants... well.... I'm stumped then. haha... but yeah, just dose your ammonia back up to 4 and don't let it get past 1ppm.
You're using the API freshwater liquid test kit yes? Not strips? If you're using strips... toss them. They're ridiculously expensive and not worth it because they're very inaccurate.
No, I don't have live plants. But I should have ammonia from my fish I just put in. I must admit I do have the strips though. I had used them before and didn't really have a problem. They were a lot cheaper at the store and I had already spent a lot of money. Plus no one really told me they were bad quality.