I have just recently noticed that I have an Algae problem in my Freshwater 10 Gallon tank.
Here are some specs of the tank,
It is 10 Gallons,
No live plants,
6 small goldfish,
3-4 ghost shrimp,
Light runs 10 hrs. per day.
Yesterday I noticed that I have some yellow algae.
I noticed it because I have a mix of dark gray and white gravel and almost all of the white gravel has some yellow-brownish kind of algae on it. Also, I have a decorative rock that had some algae on it as well, and the glass also has some on it.
I tested my Nitrate levels and I got 40ppm.
Ammonia and Nitrite are 0 as they should be.
I did a 60-70% water change last night and pulled the large decorative rock out and srubbed it in my sink to try and get the algae off, I was not very successful, some came off but hardly any.
I tested my Nitrate again today and it looks about 5ppm.
I have also left the light off since I have first noticed the yellow algae.
I did some research and I think it may be Mustard Algae?
What would you recommend I do to solve this problem?
If you think it would help I can snap some pictures of the tank so you can see the algae, not sure if it will show up real well on the camera or not.
Thanks a lot!