02-23-2007, 01:31 PM
| || |
What's the size of the tank? Is it 26 gallons? Algae will really deprive your water of oxygen, but if it's not about to take over the tank, then you should be fine. If you are really intent on riding your tank of the algae, then I would suggest changing your light bulb if it's older. The older the light bulb gets, the more it shifts towards the red end of the spectrum. Algae, and most plants, feed on the red end of the spectrum, so you want to keep your light source towards the violet end of the spectrum to reduce growth. Frequenting your water changes to take out phosphates may also help.