Originally Posted by HMlairy
I saw a few videos of ADF and instantly fell in love with them . I did try and find articles on this site for them but couldn't find any. I just have a few questions
1. How many to get? (are they gregarious)
2. Do they need a solid surface above the water to sit and breath or can they just stick their head out of the water while clinging to the side of the tank?
3. What do they eat?
4. Can they co-exist with goldfish? (I've found mixed opinions of this)
5. How big do they grow?
May think of more questions in the near future, sorry for my ignorance
Also sorry for posting in the Freshwater Aquarium section, i couldn't think of where else to post.
1. You can have as many as you want and can afford. I started off with 3 but now have 10 of them, tey are so cute, so many different manarisms.
2. They spend 99.9% time under water, the .1% is when they swim upto the surface to get a gulp of air then dive bomb back to the bottom. I have some floating plants and they usually reast one leg on the top of plant and head just below surface. I no longer have a lid on my tank as no way they can escape.
3. I feed mine frozen bloodworms, i hand feed them, they so tame they will sit on my hand under water and look expectantly for food.
4. They look better alone...
5. no more than 3cm in size, mine is mostly 2cm in size.
you can see the pics of mine at Tank Update