Looking for advice on my current research on a new tank build.
- Tank 6 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot
- External canister filter (haven't decided make but will have built in UV sterilizer)
- Inline heater from discharge side of filter
- Twin T5 lighting on timer
It will be a fully planted tank with a sand substrate. There will be a lot of rock caves and some driftwood for the fish.
Fish stocks I am looking at are as follows
- Kribensis (1 male and 3 to 5 females)
- 20 Emperor Tetra
- 12 Blackfin corydoras
- 12 Ruby Barb Tetras
- 20 Black Phantom Tetras
According to my research and using www.aquadvisor.com
this combination is compatible except when the Kribs are breeding, hopefully the idea of 1 male will lower the chances and the fact that the tank is so large for them.
My questions are
1. Has anyone kept kribs with any of these types of fish and had any problems with them being too aggressive
2. Any tips or ideas that would make this kind of build be easier to manage
3. Any advice on a suitable timeframe for the build. Im looking at doing this over 4 months and taking the time to ensure there is sufficient plant growth prior to introducing the first of the fish stocks (this would be the tetras first.
Thanks for your time
P.S. Photos of the build will be posted as I progress and regular updates.