Just noticed the amount of journals in this section. I haven't really been here in awhile but I shall try to catch up on them all as I love following peoples aquarium logs and seeing how they progress over time, it can be a joy to observe!
Figured I'd log my blackwater aquarium which is a 47 gallon column that I've had for a couple years and am rescaping into blackwater. The way it looks now, you can see it under my aquariums.
Here's the new plan and tomorrow I tear it back and start building it back up and will log the journey with photos.
- 20x30x18 Column
- Substrate: Pool Filter Sand
- Marineland c-360 w/Standard Media (no carbon) (might add peat in media bags)
- Coralife 96W Compact Flourescent
- 200W Heater
- Decor: Manzanita driftwood
& Indian Almond Leaves
- Tetra Aquasafe & Tetra Blackwater Extract both after water change
- Plants: Maybe Anacharis & Water Sprite both floating
- PLANNED Fish Stock: 3 Gold or GB Rams (1m/2f), 20 or so Cardinal Tetras, 6 Otocinclus