1. Low profile hood
2. Amazing moonlight LEDs, great shimmer!
3. Penguin bio-wheel filter is OK
4. Looks Looks Looks
5. Heater does the job
6. Comes with small quantities of all the additives you need to start off.
1. If you want a planted aquarium this is NOT for you.
2. Does not come air pump. The filter aeration might not be enough if you add a baffle.
3. Thermometer strip has very low contrast. (I have a different model on my 10g which shows up much better!)
4. Do not trust the bacteria colony packet. MUST cycle the tank properly.
5. The glass is scratched more easily than the store brand 10 g tank I have.
I have had this one for 6+ months, and was running the LEDs on timer for 10hrs. I have 7-8 plants, and I dose flourish comprehensive 2 ml every week (no Co2). I have a bunch of anacharis twigs and the new leaves are smaller. 2+ weeks back I decided to chuck the LEDs and move to 10W CFL. The improvement in plant growth is drastic! The leaves are getting bigger, and every plant looks healthy.
Conclusion: If you want live plants, make an arrangement to provide more light.