Hi. I have a 55 gallon Cichlid tank that I've had for several years. I'm really fighting algae. I've moved the tank to a darker location thinking it was getting too much sun from a nearby window. After the move, including at least 30% water change if not more, algae is starting to grow again after two days. We tested the water and found the Nitrate level at 40 ppm. I'm guessing that's the biggest cause of my algae problem.
In researching I came across the Aquaripure site, your videos, and the forum. I've read quite a bit and I'm extremely interested, but I have some questions.
1) I currently use Nutrafin Cycle and Waste Control on a weekly basis. Should I/would I continue to use these if I use Aquaripure? Maybe I shouldn't use them anyway?
2) I just switched to using a Magnum Canister filter. I'm currently NOT using any carbon. Do I need to? (I know, not much to do with Aquaripure, but this seems like a great place to ask)
3) Your video says you have to add nutrients to the Aquaripure once to twice a week. Do any come with a new purchase? What are the nutrients?
4) Are the nutrients listed on your products page? "Freshwater Bacterial Culture"?
5) At twice a week, how long do the nutrients last?
6) I think in one of the forums that a water change is needed once in a while besides top offs. Is that couple times a year? I realize a lot of factors can determine this so just an average would be helpful.